Monday, January 25, 2010

Baked Mac and Cheese! YUM!

So I just got a new Magazine!! It's called Taste of Home Magazine and it is delightful!!!!

It has SOOO many new recipes in it and they are super easy!!
Today I am going to be making Baked Mac and Cheese. I LOVE mac and cheese and I already have all of the ingredients! YAY!!

Ingredients:4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup of butter cubed4 cups of milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese

Cook Pasta according to package.
In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
Gradually add milk; stir in salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
Bring to a boil; cook and sir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in cheeses until melted.
Drain Pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to an un greased 2 qt. baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees fro 20-25 minutes or until bubbly!



Commentary: I really wish I didn't have to cook the pasta first haha! I wish I could just throw oven, but this takes a little more effort!
So I was all ready to start cooking and I realized that my box of elbow macaroni was half used! When I searched for all of my ingredients, I didn't realize I had already used half of the box for a past Monday Project! I did have 8 oz of Shells, so I improvised. The Macoroni was half elbow and half Shells! Oh well!

After I made the cheese sauce and the macaroni, I combined them into a glass baking dish!
Then it was oven time!! Here is the finished project!


Here is our complete dinner! Mac and Cheese and Spinach Salad!!! YUM YUM!

Overall: The Mac and Cheese tasted excellent! My husband said it was better than Stouffer's! So that is saying a lot!!! I added a little bit of salt to my own at the end, but other than that it was awesome. Right when Erik got home, it was ready to come out of the oven. The apartment had gotten super hot from cooking, and because it was an unseasonably warm day, I opened the door to our deck. Before we sat down for dinner, Erik turned on Pandora on our Blu Ray player and we listened to the Frank Sinatra channel. We said grace and heard rain outside! It started pouring! Listening to the rain during dinner was very romantic.

It was a lovely evening with my husband!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    Love what you are doing here...I've been reading a great book about food called "Nourishing Traditions". I think you would like it. Here is a blog I follow that will tell you about it...http://thenourishedlife.blogspot.com/


    Happy cooking!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Lucy!! you are too cute!

    ReplyDelete